On the substance of the gospel and hope
- Transformation isn’t powered by love, but by a person. A few thoughts on the Holy Spirit (and my favourite Disney movie).
- Yeah, I know Sarah didn’t wait on God, but choosing to act is not a sin.
- “Why are you still a Christian? What keeps you in faith?” My answer when a friend asked me these questions
- Resurrection is the vindication of the body – and the only complete answer to rape culture
- Potatoes and scandalzzz: what to make of Rachel Jankovic’s relentless book promotion?
- sometimes I wonder… if Rachel Jankovic understands scandal (a response to her criticism of Kaitlin Shetler’s viral poem)
- Dear Christians: non-conformity is not the path to transformation
- Dear Christians: Daniel is not the distinctive role model you think he is
- Always reforming: 95 statements on hope, sexuality and consent
- How can we make churches more inclusive spaces
- Serving the marginalised: Glamour and honour in Luke 14
- Is the One True Love biblical? On hope, choice and responsibility
- Year of Hell, Remember Nothing, & The Wish: lessons on hope
You’ll find more firelight content on the topic of hope in the Atonement and inclusion page.